Friday, September 4, 2009

Frustration

I FINALLY remembered to take a bag of carrots back to Bi-Lo this evening that were slimy when I first got them home. It was rather frustrating though, because the receipt I pulled out was over a month old, so they wouldn't take it back. First of all, it is awfully hard for me to get to Bi-Lo with three little kids in tow, so I can't just run over there to return stuff that's bad -- it's hard enough for me to go grocery shopping in the first place! Secondly, I could've sworn I bought them just a couple weeks ago. I don't know for sure that that was the right receipt, but it probably was. The cashier came at me like I was a liar trying to pull something over on her. I hate it that she though that, but I guess I understand. It's just frustrating trying to get things like that taken care of when you have the rest of life to worry about too, and I don't like throwing three dollars in the trash can! I know it doesn't sound like much, but it was a bag of carrots that my kids can't eat now. God's money, right? Is that the answer I'm looking for here?

I love being able to vent on my blog, to no one in particular!

1 comment:

Auntie Ann said...

At times like this - reading your blog, I wish I was there to return your carrots, or mind the kids while you returned the carrots and went for a manicure! Still nice memories... Are those traffic lanes I see in the photo of Luke on your driveway??? Yay! Have a great time with friends and family tomorrow, celebrating Luke.. love Ann

Blog Archive