Tuesday, June 19, 2007

So, the croup is still hanging out at our house. It's supposed to last 3-4 days, but poor Ben is still sick, a week later. The worst and most stressful part is that we're not supposed to let him cry. Normally, when I put him to bed, he cries for a few minutes before he goes to sleep. It's just about impossible to get him to stay asleep any other way! I've tried everything I can think of, but as soon as I move him, he wakes back up. And, he doesn't sleep as well, or as long anywhere else besides a bed.

At night too, he's been waking up and I've been laying with him in bed on my chest and he just cries and cries. Last night, we may have had some sort of a breakthrough. I didn't try to hold him, when he cried, I just had him in the bassinet and pulled it right up close to my bed, so I could hold his pacifier in his mouth. That worked last night. We'll see if it works again.

Pray for us. We're all exhausted, except Luke, thank goodness.

No comments:

Blog Archive