Friday, September 25, 2009

Sleep -- thanks for the help!

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody for the suggestions on getting my kids to go to sleep at night! We've made a few changes thanks to you all. First, Luke is not taking naps anymore. He's having "quiet time" for a couple hours in a different room than Benny, with books. He doesn't have to go to sleep. That's not going great right now, he's getting kinda bored, so we may have to explore a few other ideas, but that's during Greg's childcare time usually, so I'll leave that for him to try first before we institute any changes. Secondly, the boys are now earning pennies to ride the carousel. I took Didi's idea from my Facebook notes comment and melded it with one I'd tried that didn't work as well. I give them five pennies in each of their jars when I put them to bed. If I have to go back to their room for any reason, I take a penny. In the morning, they get to put the ones they still have onto their penny chart. They're motivated and so far, it's working pretty well. And, Elsi slept through last night; first time in 3 weeks. We'll see if it continues!

2 comments:

Alli said...

That's awesome! Too bad Tebow doesn't understand the awesomeness of the carousel, because I would totally try the pennies with him just to get him to sleep through the night.

Mama Cobb said...

Glad things are going better! If I were you I'd let Luke play with toys too. Ella is starting to have some room time, and she stays in for about an hour, happily with her toys and books. Good luck!

Blog Archive