Friday, October 9, 2009

CVS Shopping Trip


I'm feeling good about my shopping trip to CVS today. I planned it out, which took way too long, but as long as I don't do it too often, I guess it was worth it. I spent $20 out of my pocket on a prescription, and got a $25 gift card for it (Hamilton Co. coupon book), which I spent on all my stuff. I did a total of 4 transactions so I could use extra care bucks (ECBs) and still have over $4 left on my gift card. I have learned that I have to use my ECBs while I'm there or I don't get them spent before they expire. I got $80.20 worth of stuff for $20 out of pocket, with $4 left to spend!

Here's what I got:
3 6-pk Boost energy drinks @ 6.99 ea - $4 cpns
1 Jumbo Huggies Supreme @ 8.99 - $3 cpn
Total w/ tax: 17.85 after using $5 off $25 CVS coupon and $2 ECBs from prescription

1 3ltr Poland Springs water @ $1
3 Lean Cuisine @ $3 ea - $2 cpn
1 2-pk Tone Mango soap @ $1.88 - $1 cpn
1 Colgate Total @ $2.99 - $1 cpn
1 sidewalk chalk on clearance @ $.50
1 Neosporin Lip ointment @ $2.89 - $1 cpn
2 cheerios cereal cups @ $1 ea - $2 cpns
Total w/tax: $1.70 after using $3 off $15 CVS coupon and $10 ECBs from Boost purchase

1 Jumbo Huggies Supreme @ 8.99 - $1.50 cpn
1 Teddy Graham @ $.99 (treat for the boys for behaving while I shopped)
Total w/ tax: $1.39 after using $8 ECBs from Colgate, Tone, and Nestle (water and Lean Cuisine) purchase

I learned all these tricks from a blog called Money Saving Mom and got the links for the $3 and $5 CVS coupons from The Coupon "High".

No comments:

Blog Archive