Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A drop in the bucket

Compassion International has started a blogging campaign, so I thought I'd take this opportunity . . . I chose to sponsor a child with Compassion International starting when I was in college because I could sponsor a child in Uganda, where I grew up. The cost (~$30 per month) feels like a drop in the bucket to me, especially when I don't feel like I can contribute extra for special projects. However, I know it doesn't feel like a drop in the bucket to the little Ugandan girl that we sponsor or to her family. She gets school fees (education's not free in Uganda), good nutrition, and spiritual mentorship. It literally changes her life forever. I wonder that we don't do more. . . If you don't sponsor a child in the 3rd world, you should. A drop in the bucket for us makes the difference of a lifetime for a child.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know about all the bloggers who are there right now?

Shannon from Rock in My Dryer is one of them. http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/

Ann from Flower Dust.
http://www.flowerdust.net/

Carlos & Heather
http://whittakerwoman.typepad.com/whittaker_woman/

There are several more... it has been interesting to read their accounts. I think about you each time I read.

Anonymous said...

Hey Esther, I did sponsor a child from Kenya (of course) through World Vision. I stopped because of some reasons which I will not write here. I have been thinking of sponsoring another one, will look into Compassion.

Blog Archive