Monday, August 13, 2007

The grief dive-bomber hits

Tonight, I am missing my mom. My birthday looms and a couple wonderful moms at work have been so involved lately with their daughters having babies. One mom will be out tomorrow because her daughter will be giving birth, and the other one was out today to go to a doctor's appointment with her daughter for her grandson. I sure do wish my mom was around to do some of those things, and especially to be so emotionally involved in relationship with me and my children.

I have to thank the Lord for a wonderful sister, supportive friends, and stand-in moms who take her place in such amazing ways, but I still miss her lots.

The title is an allusion to C.S. Lewis' writings in A Grief Observed where he describes grief as a dive bomber that stays away for a while and then hits with great force all at once.

No comments:

Blog Archive